Safeguarding our Residents
Regardless of the COVID-19 pandemic, protecting our resident’s overall health and well-being is always our primary focus. Clover Hill prides itself on rigid infection control and has developed standard protocols to ward off any virus or illness, not just COVID-19. That said, we continue to maintain exacting oversight over our disinfection and sanitizing methods, ensuring that our environment is as healthy and resilient as possible in order to reduce the possibility of contracting coronavirus. In addition, protocols have been put in place to minimize exposure from the outside.
Give our intimate size, Clover Hill has the unique advantage of much more easily being able to control its environment. Fewer residents and staff to contend with means less opportunity for exposure and that equates to peace of mind.
Below are the protocols followed by every Clover Hill staff member, designed to protect every resident from illness:
- All staff members utilize personal protective equipment (PPE), including, approved masks, gloves, goggles, and gowns in order to prevent the spread of illness.
- All residents and staff members are screened for coronavirus in addition to other illnesses prior to entry to Clover Hill and at periodic times throughout their residency and employment. Any resident presenting symptoms of the virus will be tested and quarantined immediately, and their primary physician will be notified. Staff members will be sent home, monitored, and will not return to work until cleared by a physician, guaranteeing that they cannot spread the virus.
- We are abiding by all infection control recommendations and guidelines as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Environment Protection agency (EPA), as well as both state and local health departments.
- Clover Hill prides itself on maintaining a clean and healthy environment at all times. Maintenance and housekeeping procedures include sanitizing all frequently and semi-frequently touched surfaces multiple times daily with cleansers that kill coronavirus.
- Staff members are continually trained according to best practices as it relates to the virus as well as other illnesses. This includes the importance and proper protocol of wearing masks and related PPE, social distancing, working with residents, and maintaining germ-free hands and clothing.
- Social distancing is necessary to prevent the spread of any illness. With so few residents and ample space, Clover Hill is able to achieve this quite easily. Residents can go about their daily routines and still maintain a safe and healthy distance between one another. Staff are continually monitoring residents to ensure safe distancing.
Visitation rules are ever-changing and determined by Clover Hill Senior Management. Regardless, rest assured that anyone permitted to enter the Community, including families of residents, will be screened for symptoms prior to entry. Vendors such as food delivery or any other type will not be permitted inside the Community until further notice. Doctors, specialists, and therapists will be permitted entry to see residents, abiding by the above protocols.
The Importance of Clover Hill, Now More Than Ever
Clover Hill was born out of a necessity to offer seniors in need an alternative to the larger hotel-like facility options. During its conception, the goal at Clover Hill was to create a setting rooted in familiarity and comfort, focused on providing world class care via innovative health modules (Integrative Assisted Care and A.S.P.I.R.E.), in a boutique environment with greater attention paid to residents. And although the idea of addressing the challenges of COVID-19 was not present at that time, the benefits of intimate-style senior living have become clear in today’s continuing COVID environment.
The call for senior living communities with fewer residents and staff has never been more vital than it is today. Clover Hill and its staff are thankful every day for the opportunity to serve our residents with the unique health advantages that boutique senior living provides.
We would like to thank our residents and families for putting their trust in Clover Hill to keep them safe and healthy. And many thanks to our staff who tirelessly fight the good fight, day in and day out, for the greater good of our residents. Our words could never truly express our gratitude.
Clover Hill Senior Living