As your parents get older, it’s natural to ask yourself, “Does my parent need senior living services?” However, while this question is relatively common, answering it is not always easy. Transitioning to senior living communities is a significant moment in life. However, it relieves a great deal of pressure from both you and your family. A community, such as Clover Hill, provides your parents or loved ones with daily assistance to help them stay physically and mentally active.
At Clover Hill, we work hard to help our residents not only maintain their health but to grow and thrive in retirement. In our community, they have exceptional care each day, ensuring that they can live in the lap of luxury. To learn more about our community, contact Clover Hill today by calling 201-485-4000.
Does My Parent Need Senior Living Services?
As we get older, we can expect an occasional lapse of memory or loss of memory from time to time. It’s an unavoidable part of the aging process. However, it can be challenging to determine whether you see the big picture, particularly when you do not live with your parents. If you’re wondering whether your parent needs senior living services, answering the following question can help give you an indication of whether or not it’s time to consider getting help.
- Has your parent recently gained or lost weight?
- Does your parent need continuous reminders to take their medication at the proper time or the correct dose?
- Has your parent neglected essential household maintenance?
- Has your parent lost the ability to move safely?
- Is your parent having difficulty performing daily tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, or taking care of their hygiene?
- Is your parent falling more frequently?
- Are you concerned that your parent has become more isolated?
- Has your parent lost contact with their friends or lost interest in the activities that they formerly enjoyed?
While this list is not exhaustive, answering ‘yes’ to several of these questions may mean that it’s worth seeking out a senior living community, such as Clover Hill.
What Services Should I Be Looking For If My Parent Needs Senior Living Services?
If you’ve determined that your parent may need senior living services, you should understand that such services provide a range of benefits. While moving them into your home is tempting, it can be risky because you have many other responsibilities. As a result, you may feel resentful or overwhelmed. It can also be physically dangerous if you can’t provide the level of care that your parent needs.
However, senior living services can ease this challenge. At Clover Hill, for instance, each resident lives in their own apartment, which they can decorate to their unique tastes. Our senior living services include a variety of amenities, such as:
- Meals prepared by our private chef and suited to the nutritional needs of each of our residents
- Assistance with general hygiene tasks, dressing, or bathing
- Inspiring and invigorating activities as part of our A.S.P.I.R.E. program, which we tailor to our residents’ interests
- Low caregiver to resident ratios, so your parent always knows who is coming to work with them on a daily basis
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- Medication management services, ensuring that each person gets the correct medication at the proper time. We also ensure that your diet does not interfere with your medication.
Each resident at Clover Hill is part of our family, and we’re proud to treat them as such. If you’re still wondering, “Does my parent need senior living services?” we want to help you and your loved one. Contact Clover Hill today by calling 201-485-4000 to get the answers you need.